Our client is seeking an Office Administrator to provide administrative support for the day-to-day operations of their office and association. This is a new position and the successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to participate in a professional team environment. The key to this role is to be dependable, highly organized and efficient with the ability to work well with others within a small office environment.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for providing direct assistance to staff for the various programs and services offered by the association, including; energy efficiency programs, continuing education, and the awards program. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide support to the CEO, accountant, volunteer board members and executive officers.
- Providing documentation assistance
- Arranging periodic travel for board members and CEO
- Reviewing documents and coding invoices for accounting
- Preparing handouts for education programs and events
- Printing labels for certifications
- Receiving incoming calls and providing assistance
- Preparing documents for association meetings
- Research and review of statistics and trends
- Support the events program with tasks associated with a large-scale annual event and ongoing education courses.
- Completed Post-Secondary in business
- Minimum 5 years in an administrative support role. Association experience is considered an asset
- Excellent organization skills and meticulous with detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information essential
- Self-directed; takes initiative to implement improvements
- Good judgment and professional demeanor
- Able to juggle last minute requests and deal with a number of key stakeholders
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Superior customer service ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to participate in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior phone skills
- Cheerful, bright and energetic work ethic
- Excellent computer skills and strong ability with Outlook, Excel, Word, Dropbox, database management, social media
- Strong data entry skills, with excellent ability to organize and prioritize
- Time management skills with ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Research skills
- Experience with supporting a board of directors and executive
- Experience preparing meeting minutes, agendas, board packages
- Performs well under tight timelines
- High proficiency in English
- Experience with a membership association an asset
We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please call Gail Pearce for further details.