This position’s main function is overall support in office administration, reception area and overseeing administrative responsibilities managing the student database.
- Prepares reports for the Ministry of Education Grant Audit.
- Sets up and trains teachers to take attendance through the Teacher Portal.
- Testing of the Teacher Portal for taking HR attendance and Course Section attendance, as well as viewing of Daily Attendance reports.
- Archives official Junior School documents (i.e. report cards, progress reports and honour roll rankings).
- Enters students into course sections, homerooms, and sets marking period dates in conjunction with the Deputy Principal; maintains department, course, faculty, room and homeroom data.
Junior School Files
- Ensures student files are up-to-date with absence notes, medical, personal information, and student letters produced by the Principal’s office.
- Perform end of year duties: cleans up closed files for student who have left, cull all absentee notes, and all grade 7 files to the Senior School.
- Work with the Admissions Department to create new student files in preparation for the new academic year.
- Acts as a backup for Reception, including manning the switchboard, acting as a point of contact, providing minor first aid, assisting with events/school functions /emergency evacuations, managing levels of office supplies, preparing daily announcements, sorting mail, etc.
- Works with the Deputy Principal of Junior School to create Student Scheduling & Master School Schedule.
- Maintains accurate and confidential academic records for students (comments, report cards, and transcripts).
- Provides continuing support to faculty re: methods for electronic submission of grades, course reports, and Grade Book set up.
- In collaboration with Junior School faculty, sets up parent/teacher conferences. Maintains accurate records of and oversees the process during conference times.
- Completed Post-Secondary in business.
- Minimum 3-5 years in an administrative support role. Registrar experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to respond under pressure with multiple interruptions throughout the day.
- Excellent organization skills and meticulous with detail.
- Ability to deal with confidential information essential.
- Self-directed; takes initiative to implement improvements.
- Good judgment and professional demeanor.
- Able to juggle last minute requests and deal with number of key stakeholders.
- Understanding of / commitment to School’s mission.
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior customer service ability.
- Ability to respond under pressure.
- Excellent team player with ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with multiple key stakeholders (i.e. students, parents, faculty,transfer staff).
- Excellent computer skills and strong ability with Microsoft office, specifically Excel (manipulating data, formatting, filtering, formulas) and Word (intermediate level, mail merges) as well as data-base understanding (input, application).
- Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self- awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness, initiative, and accountability.