Technical Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Business Transformation you are responsible for working with one or more Development Teams to define project plans, manage the development life cycle, and ensure successful implementation.
You are responsible for the successful implementation and sustainment of technical solutions. This includes full project life cycle management from preparation of business cases to post implementation. This role will build strong client relationships with the business areas to define and deliver on the goals of the project(s) and provide direct oversight to vendors and consultants/contractors to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget, with quality, and meeting the business requirements. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors/consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. This role will apply proven communication, management, analytical, and problem-solving skills to resolve project issues, mitigate risks, facilitate decision making and build and engage the project team and stakeholders.
The Technical Project Manager owns the coordination of all activities related to the release of new services to customers. Is accountable for ensuring there is a plan for each project, adhere to company standards, and that all meetings, milestones and activities are scheduled, agreed to by the team, and executed upon in the agreed upon fashion and consistent with company processes.
- 7+ Years Project Leadership and Management experience managing large-scale, multi-year, complex Information Technology implementations in a matrix environment
- 5+ Years of experience in formal Project and Change Management methodologies and approaches
- Implementations with either Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAV and/ or AX (preferred), Oracle or SAP a strong asset
- 3+ Years of experience managing a virtual team (geographically diverse)
- Experience implementing/upgrading/supporting Financial Systems
- Diploma/Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field is recommended
- Project Management Professional Certification is strongly preferred
- Certificate/Diploma specific to Project Management is strongly preferred