This position’s main function is to oversee and coordinate all academic information including student registration, reporting, archiving, etc.
This individual embodies the following core competencies: empathy, integrity, humility, respect, responsibility, and resilience.
- Works with the Associate Principal of Academics to create Student Scheduling & Master Schedule for the School.
- Coordinates the course selection process, including course changes.
- Maintains accurate and confidential academic records for students including progress reports, comments, report cards, and transcripts that are distributed to students, parents, and teachers as appropriate.
- Processes and archives all student reports (electronically).
- Coordinates the school wide exam and AP Exam schedule.
- Works with Associate Principal of Academics to coordinate parent/teacher conferences. Maintains accurate records of parent/teacher conference and oversees the student/teacher conference process during conference times.
- Oversees Senior School awards (Prize Day, Scholarships).
- Work closely with University Counselling to provide transcripts, report cards, and other data as required.
- Monitors entry of and transfer marks and comments with faculty during reporting periods.
- Creates and updates reports for the ministry (1701, Trax, etc.)
- Enters students into course sections and advisors in conjunction with the Associate Principal of Academics.
- Oversees the transition between school years including data archiving, closing the school year, and opening the new school year.
- Coordinates the Student Information System for various student registra
Completed Post-Secondary in business.
- Minimum 3-5 years in an administrative support role. Registrar experience is considered an asset.
- Excellent organization skills and meticulous with detail.
- Ability to deal with confidential information essential.
- Self-directed; takes initiative to implement improvements.
- Good judgment and professional demeanor.
- Able to juggle last minute requests and deal with number of key stakeholders.
- Understanding of / commitment to School’s mission.
- Listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Superior customer service ability.
- Ability to respond under pressure.
- Excellent team player with ability to work independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with multiple key stakeholders (i.e. students, parents, faculty, staff).
- Excellent computer skills and strong ability with Microsoft office, specifically Excel (manipulating data, formatting, filtering, formulas) and Word (intermediate level, mail merges) as well as data-base understanding (input, application).
- Key competencies and EQ in the following areas: self-awareness, self-management, empathy, social expertness, initiative, and accountability.
Please call Gail Pearce for further details.
Gail Pearce Office: 604.639.3140 Cell: 604.805.3223 email@example.com